Your questions are the best questions. So, we’re back with another special episode of #AskCarey to help you lead like never before as we celebrate reaching over 200 episodes for the podcast.
Welcome to Episode 202. Listen and access the show notes below or search for the Carey Nieuwhof Leadership Podcast on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts and listen for free.
The podcast has reached over 200 episodes! Have some Starbucks on me!
All week long, we’re celebrating the arrival of over 200 episodes on the CNLP! And whenever we celebrate, you know it means you benefit, because YOU are the reason this podcast has come so far! It’s our way of saying THANK YOU for listening, sharing and subscribing.
Questions Featured in this Episode
1. 04:39: I’ve been listening to your book Lasting Impact and though I find it filled with good information, I’m overwhelmed with it all. How do I finance this new ministry model moving into the future?
2. 10:55: Our church has been considering launching a leadership podcast. Can you share how you prepare for a good interview? What’s your process on the back end to make the front end look so good?
3. 21:09: I pastor a church of 140 people and I’ve known most of the them for years. How do I respond as their pastor with authority when most consider me a peer?
4. 26:33: How do you value and appreciate your staff members in a way that does not cause them to burn out?
5. 36:35: If Generation Z is going to grow up further from God than any other generation, how do you think this should effect the way we emphasize youth ministry? Do you think the church is succeeding or failing at empowering youth pastors? If we are called to pastor Generation Z how should that change the way we view church ministry as a whole?
Links from this Episode
Quotes from This Episode
A Brand New Resource for Preachers
Ready to start preaching better sermons and reach the unchurched without selling out? Then it’s time to start using the right tips, lessons, and strategies to communicating better.
The Art of Better Preaching Course is a 12 session video training with a comprehensive, interactive workbook that will help you create, write, and deliver better sermons. The course contains the lessons Mark Clark (lead pastor of Village Church, a growing mega-church in post-Christian Vancouver) and I have learned, taught, and used over decades of being professional communicators.
This is the complete course you need to start preaching better sermons, including:
- 7 preaching myths it’s time to bust forever
- The 5 keys to preaching sermons to unchurched people (that will keep them coming back)
- How to discover the power in the text (and use it to drive your sermon)
- The specific characteristics of sermons that reach people in today’s world
- Why you need to ditch your sermon notes (and how to do it far more easily than you think.)
- How to keep your heart and mind fresh over the long run
And far more! Plus you get an interactive workbook and some bonus resources that will help you write amazing messages week after week.
In the Art of Better Preaching, Mark and I share everything we’ve learned about communicating in a way that will help your church grow without compromising biblical integrity. We cover detailed training on everything from interacting with the biblical text to delivering a talk without using notes, to writing killer bottom lines that people will remember for years.
Don’t miss out! Check it out today and gain instant access.
The podcast releases every Tuesday morning
Subscribe for free and never miss out on wisdom from world-class leaders like Brian Houston, Andy Stanley, Louie Giglio, Ravi Zacharias, Craig Groeschel, Sue Miller, Kara Powell, Chuck Swindoll, Greg McKeown, Jon Acuff and many others.
Appreciate This? Rate the Podcast.
Hopefully, this episode has helped you lead like never before. That’s my goal. If you appreciated it, could you share the love?
The best way to do that is to rate the podcast on iTunes and leave us a brief review! You can do the same on Stitcher and on TuneIn Radio as well.
Your ratings and reviews help us place the podcast in front of new leaders and listeners. Your feedback also lets me know how I can better serve you.
Thank you for being so awesome.
Next Episode: Sam Collier
Sam Collier is a speaker and host at North Point Ministries and the Director of City Strategy for The reThink Group. Recorded live from the Orange Conference, Sam talks about growing up without privilege, dealing with difficult people, the struggles of living a double life (and how to get out it), how he built his influential platform, his new book Find Your Voice and so much more.
Subscribe for free now and you won’t miss Episode 203.