Links from this Episode
Are your church volunteers ready for the fall? Visit TrainedUp and use promo code CAREY for 10% off your services for life!
Register for the Future Forward Conference (October 2-3, 2018) at futureforwardchurches.com/theconference
Didn’t See It Coming launches on September 4th! Preorder today and enjoy some incredible bonuses. They’ll be gone next week, so don’t wait!
3 Insights from This Episode
1. Today’s church leaders can be the pioneers of this new digital land
There are 167 available hours to reach people in between a weekend service and digital is a great place to start. It’s a fairly new area for churches to explore and there is still so much to discover.
Brady compares the church leaders of today to “pioneers in a new land” who need to take chances and make discoveries in this newfound digital territory. He encourages leaders to try everything, explore every platform and to double down on what works for them.
2. Autonomy, deadlines, and measuring goals keeps a reliable team motivated
Brady has experienced massive growth in his company. Here are his key strategies when it comes to keeping his team reliable and motivated:
Give your team autonomy in their roles – Autonomy creates trust, sends the message that you believe they have the skill set necessary to handle the task and makes them feel valued.
Set deadlines – Allow people to set their own schedules, but make sure to communicate clear deadlines in order to get things done on time.
Measure the progress and growth of your goals – Goals are important and allow a team to always be working towards something. Measuring the efforts along the way – monthly, quarterly, annually – keeps a team on track to accomplish what it set out to do.
3. Your website is your best marketing tool
The single best marketing tool your church has is your website. Here are three simple ways your church can utilize your homepage and take advantage of a virtual culture.
1. List your church on the Google search engine. It’s free! Seriously, there’s no excuse not to do this.
2. 62% of church websites don’t have a space on the homepage easily visible for new visitors. Brady’s team did a fascinating study about this you can read here. Provide a clear and easy to find place on your homepage that communicates they are welcomed and valued.
3. Avoid chaotic communications by consolidating all of your connection points to just one source. You’ll see more engagement because it’s simple and less confusing. Bonus – you’ll save money and resources because you no longer have to worry about maintaining several platforms. Find out more at nucleus.church.
Quotes from This Episode
Irrelevance is One of the Things Many Leaders Never See Coming
Having trouble staying up on trends like the digital revolution?
Didn’t See It Coming tackles the seven core issues that take people out: cynicism, compromise, disconnectedness, irrelevance, pride, burnout, and the emptiness of success and provides strategies on how to combat each.
Irrelevance is something that happens naturally as you age…unless you decide it won’t happen to you. It matters because relevance gives you permission to speak into the current culture. That’s all relevance is, and it’s essentially a skill you can learn, even if you’ve grown, well, a bit irrelevant.
Exclusive, Time-Limited Pre-Order Offers
Want more? You can pre-order your copy of Didn’t See It Coming now (hardcover, Kindle or AudioBook narrated by me).
For a limited time, you can get pre-order bonuses for anyone by ordering the book now, before release.
Everyone who preorders a copy gets:
- Free access to Session One of my High Impact Leader Course (video and workbook…a $30 value)
- 7 Lock screen graphics for your smartphone (a $10 value).
- Access to an exclusive live webinar with my wife Toni and I on staying (happily) married while navigating life’s 7 greatest challenges (we’ll give you the honest backstory to our leadership journey…you may find it familiar). (A $110 value.)
Order 10 copies or more and you’ll get all the above plus ONE of my courses for free. (An over $300 value.)
Order 100 copies or more and you’ll get all of the above and ALL my courses for free (an over $1100 value). (Seriously…100 copies? Well, many of the people who read the advance copies said they want to take their entire team/church through the book. So we’ve arranged bulk discounts AND bonuses.)
The podcast releases every Tuesday morning
Subscribe for free and never miss out on wisdom from world-class leaders like Brian Houston, Andy Stanley, Louie Giglio, Ravi Zacharias, Craig Groeschel, Sue Miller, Kara Powell, Chuck Swindoll, Greg McKeown, Jon Acuff and many others.
Appreciate This? Rate the Podcast.
Hopefully, this episode has helped you lead like never before. That’s my goal. If you appreciated it, could you share the love?
The best way to do that is to rate the podcast on Apple Podcasts and leave us a brief review! You can do the same on Stitcher and on TuneIn as well.
Your ratings and reviews help us place the podcast in front of new leaders and listeners. Your feedback also lets me know how I can better serve you.
Thank you for being so awesome.
Next Episode: Tony Morgan & Carey Nieuwhof
Tony Morgan is the founder of the Unstuck Group, and he admits that cynicism has been a life long battle. Tony interviews Carey Nieuwhof about why most leaders grow cynical, why most leaders keep defaulting to a cynical view of people and situations, and how to beat it.
Subscribe for free now and you won’t miss Episode 210.