Lewis Howes is one of the most listened to podcasters on the planet.
A former pro-football player and professional athelete turned life-style entrepreneur, Lewis focuses on what makes people great.
He’s also not currently a part of a local church, but is very interested in spirituallity. As usual with Lewis, a fasincating conversation ensues.
If you’re a church leader who hopes to connect with leaders and business people who are not part of a local church, open your notebook.
Welcome to Episode 59 of the Podcast.
Links Mentioned in this Episode
Things You Can Do Right Away
Pursue the four elements of greatness. Lewis identifies four key attributes that he sees across every successful person he’s interviewed in his podcast.
- They have a clear, powerful vision. They know what they want to accomplish, and they don’t lose sight of it.
- They hustle. Great leaders who have built communities or companies don’t just show up sometimes. Their hustle is constant and is a true artistic expression of themselves.
- They have winning teams around them. They’ve learned how to build relationships with the people they work with.
- They serve. You aren’t great unless you’re making service part of your goals. Although you’re building your personal legacy, your vision should have a focus on serving other through your talents.
2. Show an interest in your neighbours. Just because someone doesn’t attend church doesn’t mean he’s not spiritual. Lewis and many other leaders would consider themselves as more spiritual than he does religious. Striking up conversations with leaders who are interested in spiritual things (and even with those who aren’t) should become a skill set of most church leaders.
3. Have the evangelism conversation no is having. Take some time to read this post on Lewis Howe’s and Prince EA’s conversation about life and spirituality. Ask yourself, am I as a church leader ready to engage that kind of conversation? And if not, what do I need to do to be ready?
Quotes from Lewis
Available online now! Get your copy of Lasting Impact today!
My latest book is available now. It’s designed especially of church leaders and their teams.
Lasting Impact frames 7 pivotal conversations every church team needs to have, covering subject like declining church attendance, team health, creating a culture volunteers love and how to engineer change in your church.
A New Episode Every Week…Just Subscribe
The podcast releases every Tuesday morning.
Subscribe for free and never miss out on wisdom from great leaders such as Jon Acuff, Mark Batterson, Pete Wilson, David Kinnaman, Caleb Kaltenbach, Kara Powell, Casey Graham, Perry Noble, and Andy Stanley.
Appreciate This? Rate the Podcast.
Hopefully this episode has helped you lead like never before. That’s my goal. If you appreciated it, could you share the love?
The best way to do that is to rate the podcast in iTunes and leave us a brief review! You can do the same on Stitcher and on TuneIn Radio as well.
Your rating and review helps gets the podcast in front of new leaders and listeners. Your feedback also lets me know how I can better serve you.
Thank you for being so awesome.
Next Episode: Sue Miller
Why do some leaders attract and keep amazing volunteers while others don’t? Sue Miller who has led volunteers for over 4 decades shares the pivotal differences between teams that are winning and teams that are losing when it comes to volunteers.
Subscribe for free now, and you won’t miss Episode 60.
In the meantime, got a question?
Scroll down and leave a comment!