Almost everyone has a social media presence these days, but how do you make it awesome?
NewSpring Church’s Social Media Director Chris Dunagan explains, in super helpful detail, their approach to social media and how to truly connect with the people you’re trying to impact.
Welcome to Episode 51 of the Podcast.
Guest Links: Chris Dunagan
Links Mentioned in this Episode
3 Things You Can Do Right Away
Chris Dunagan sought opportunities to connect audiences with the gospel through social media. These are some of his tips for producing successful platforms:
- Focus on connecting with people. When you engage with your audience on social media, you want to connect with people where they’re already having conversations. Ask yourself, “What are people asking that we have an answer for?” When you approach social, you’re able to help people be better people with what you know from the Bible. And make it something your audience wants to engage with. Your social channels are not a bulletin board or an appropriate place to post rants. It’s an opportunity for a front porch conversation that offers new avenues for others to have a relationship with Christ.
- Tailor your message to each platform. How you tell your story will change across each media. The conversation you have on twitter will be different than the conversation you have on facebook. The age, gender and background of each demographic is vastly different, and you want to cater your messages around the interests of each audience. You don’t have to say the same thing on every channel. Switch up the language, be attentive to your audience and humanize your church’s voice. Our message goes further when we diversify our language, not when we say the same thing.
- View social as a mission field. Take a look at the Book of Acts and refresh your memory. If you look at the unified Roman culture and how they used technology of their era to advance the gospel, that’s where we are right now. If you can shift your view to a mission opportunity where you can reach people for Jesus, start there. When you spread the gospel as a mission opportunity, you’re going to reap the benefits. You’re doing the things we’re called to as believers.
Quotes from Chris
Pre-Orders and Free Bonuses For My New Book, Lasting Impact, Starts Today!
Take advantage of FREE offers if you pre-order Lasting Impact now!
If you pre-order my book, Lasting Impact: 7 Powerful Conversations That Will Help Your Church Grow, before October 6, you’ll receive:
- Access to an exclusive live Q&A webinar with me.
- A free audio version of the book with additional commentary
- A free version of the eBook
Lasting Impact frames 7 pivotal conversations every church team needs to have, covering subject like declining church attendance, team health, creating a culture volunteers love and how to engineer change in your church.
You can place your pre-order at LastingImpactBook.com!
Listener Discount: 10% off That Church Conference
You can learn more from Chris and friends at That Church Conference [http://www.
A New Episode Every Week…Just Subscribe
The podcast releases every Tuesday morning.
Subscribe for free and never miss out on wisdom from great leaders such as Jon Acuff, Mark Batterson, Pete Wilson, David Kinnaman, Caleb Kaltenbach, Kara Powell, Casey Graham, Perry Noble, and Andy Stanley.
Appreciate This? Rate the Podcast.
Hopefully this episode has helped you lead like never before. That’s my goal. If you appreciated it, could you share the love?
The best way to do that is to rate the podcast in iTunes and leave us a brief review! You can do the same on Stitcher and on TuneIn Radio as well.
Your rating and review helps gets the podcast in front of new leaders and listeners. Your feedback also lets me know how I can better serve you.
Thank you for being so awesome.
Next Episode: Craig Groeschel
Almost everyone has a social media presence these days, but how do you make it awesome? NewSpring Church’s Social Media Director Chris Dunagan explains, in super helpful detail, their approach to social media and how to truly connect with the people you’re trying to impact.
Subscribe for free now, and you won’t miss Episode 52.
Plus, you’ll get the bonus 1 year anniversary episodes and special Ask Carey episodes in September.
In the meantime, got a question?
Scroll down and leave a comment!