Few preachers have the legacy that Chuck Swindoll has.
Author of many books and thousands of sermons, Chuck discusses his most recent book, Searching the Scriptures, and the method he uses to stay fresh in preaching and leadership.
Welcome to Episode 109 of the Podcast.
Guest Links: Chuck Swindoll
Takeaways from this Episode
How do you find the nourishment in the scriptures that the Lord has planned for his people to enjoy, learn from and guide their lives? Chuck talks about how the Bible changed his life and how it can transform the lives of others.
- Be accountable. You should solicit the advice of a trusted family member and a friend who will be transparent with you.
- Take God very seriously, but don’t take yourself that seriously. You’re the only one who thinks that you’re a big deal, but it’s by the grace of God that you have a voice.
- Stay fresh. Keep thinking of the scriptures as if it was the first time you’ve read them. Chuck says that he still finds new epiphanies.
- Guard against familiarity. You’re dealing with truth all the time. If you’re not careful, it becomes perfunctory, business as usual. If that happens, you need a break.
- Quickly admit being wrong. Don’t hide it. Say you made a mistake or admit it. Call yourself out when you judged or lost your temper, and be forthcoming.
- Stay positive. Chuck said that he learned about the secret of happiness from a member on his team. He says that you have to have something to do, you have to have something to love, and you have to have something to look forward to.
Quotes from this Episode
The Lasting Impact Team Edition
The team edition is a compilation of eight videos designed to allow the teams in your church follow along as a supplement to the book. I highlight key points from the material and discuss additional hot topics that relate to your ministry.
Get your copy of Lasting Impact today!
Lasting Impact frames 7 pivotal conversations every church team needs to have, covering subjects like declining church attendance, team health, creating a culture volunteers love and how to engineer changes in your church.
A New Episode Every Week…Just Subscribe
The podcast releases every Tuesday morning.
Subscribe for free and never miss out on wisdom from world-class leaders like Brian Houston, Andy Stanley, Louie Giglio, Ravi Zacharias, Craig Groeschel, Sue Miller, Kara Powell, Jon Acuff and many others.
Appreciate This? Rate the Podcast.
Hopefully, this episode has helped you lead like never before. That’s my goal. If you appreciated it, could you share the love?
The best way to do that is to rate the podcast on iTunes and leave us a brief review! You can do the same on Stitcher and on TuneIn Radio as well.
Your ratings and reviews help us place the podcast in front of new leaders and listeners. Your feedback also lets me know how I can better serve you.
Thank you for being so awesome.
Next Episode: Carey Nieuwhof, Jeff Brodie and Jeff Henderson
In 2015, Carey Nieuwhof stepped out of a the Lead Pastor role at Connexus Church (the only role he’d ever had) and assumed a new role as Founding and Teaching Pastor, while Jeff Brodie became the new Lead Pastor. A year into the transition, it’s been a success. Jeff Henderson interviews Carey and Jeff about why they made the change, how they did it, what worked and where the tension has been.