It’s Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada. I was thinking about how my gratitude has shifted over the years.
When I was younger, I was grateful for things. And naturally, I’m grateful for people and for God. But my gratitude is shifting. I spent a lot of time reflecting on what I’m truly grateful for at this season of my life. I was surprised to see how my gratitude for these things is going deeper all the time:
- Love. Without it, is life worth living, or even possible?
- Grace. Because true love flows when it is deserved and when it is not.
- Forgiveness. Life is about second chances.
- Relationship. I am getting more joy out of some close relationships than I ever have before.
- Salvation. That in Jesus God would deem us valuable enough to save us at great personal cost and suffering is truly mind-boggling.
Those are just a few thoughts this Thanksgiving Monday. Where does your gratitude flow these days?