I sit here Monday afternoon still kind of in awe of everything that’s happening. We just came out of the first soft-launch weekend for Connexus Barrie, and it was so great. You kind of plan for months and dream for years and work hard at things…but to see it all transpire is a bit surreal.
Some Monday morning quarterback reflections:
- I guess we really are trying launch relevant environments in two cities at the same time. Every day, I hear from people who offer encouragement but then ask the question…so you guys are trying to do what in how much time? I guess it is a little crazy to try to launch two campuses within a week of each other…but it actually appears to be working.
- Without trying to be insincere or sound like some marketing campaign that no one believes, I can honestly say I have never ever worked with a crew of people who have been so singularly encouraging and positive as this Connexus crew. It’s like we all just moved to a new level. The faith and sacrifice of this group is unbelievable…I guess when we really did make the leap together last month we stepped into something that was much bigger than we are. Your energy, prayer, devotion and encouragement and sheer enthusiasm humble and inspire me.
- The band was so great. I so totally missed our Sunday gatherings, and can’t wait till they’re wide open on Sundays for everyone in December.
- I’ve never believed in the vision as much as I do now. I care far less about size and growth and far more about seeing people changed. And if we get to do that a thousand times over, that’s great. What fuels me is that we get to do this.
- I’ve really got to get used to video preaching. The cameras were not the issue…but the lights were literally blinding. It was like staring into the high beams of a lexus. What I missed eye contact with people (the lights literally blind you). For me, preaching really is a dialogue, and I am constantly watching and reading people while I preach to evaluate how the conversation is "going" and what needs to be said. We’ll play with the lights again this weekend so I can see more people…or else I’ll have to learn how to imagine the weekly dialogue in my head.
- I miss my family. This week is a week of catching up at home on evenings (no meetings in the evening for a couple weeks…). As much as the wider ministry is great, not being on the road again for two months is great right now.
- I’m so praying for who everyone is inviting, and can’t wait to have a wide open foyer December 2nd and 9th. I can only imagine how God is going to move in the lives of your friends, family and in these communities.
Thanks for a great weekend everyone.
What was memorable/significant for you?