So Andy Stanley went a little crazy during the last session of Drive, dumped his planned talk and spoke almost off the cuff (this isn’t terribly typical for Andy, who writes his messages three weeks ahead of time). Man, I’m so glad he did. Did he bring it.
- If we are going to reach people on one else is reaching, we must do things no one else is doing. Andy borrowed this from Craig Groeschel, but man did it resonate.
- Focus on the people you want to reach, not the people you want to keep. Here, Andy was quoting his long time friend and associate Reggie Joiner, whose heart for the family and for a prodigal generation is enormous. If church leaders could get this, we’d be living in a different reality.
- When your memories exceed your dreams, the end is near. What else do you need to say? Church life sometimes feels like its 90% nostalgia, not 90% vision.
- The next generation product almost never comes from the previous generation. You can fight the next generation of leaders, or you can fund them.
– Andy’s talk made me so proud to be your pastor. You are BOLD.
This journey has only started. So many of you have sacrificed so much for the next generation. Meeting where we meet, doing what we do, radically
building into other peoples’ lives, welcoming people like tattoo artists with open arms. Using the culture to reach the culture. Praying like crazy. I love being on this team. Keep it