As a way of serving those who attend my talks I’ll be posting the outline to each session here on the blog.
Even if you don’t attend the conference, I hope you can glean a few insights from them that might help you lead better now. And if you’re in the session, you won’t have to guess what that pesky blank you forgot to fill in was all about.
Want more? Sign up for my email list (to the right under my photo). You’ll get a free ebook on reaching unchurched people, plus every post via email in a weekly digest and bonuses I send to my subscribers from time to time that no one else gets.
Launching a Church With a Strategy to Reach Unchurched People
Here’s my talk outline for Exponential:
I. The Church Planter’s Dilemma
1. Churches for unchurched people start with churched people.
2. Most also end there.
If you behave like a church trying to reach churched people, you will reach churched people.
Everyone who leaves another church to join your church has a picture in their mind of what your church should look like.
The most effective strategies to reach the next generation will likely not come from the previous generation.
7 Strategies to Help Your Church Reach Unchurched People
1. Engage teenagers with your main worship service.
2. Recruit senior leaders who know and like unchurched people.
3. Be non-judgmental toward outsiders.
4. Become comfortable with unresolved questions.
5. Design easy, obvious and strategic steps for people to take (not random programs).
6. Develop an intentional strategy to reach families.
a. Resource your family ministry team.
b. Synchronize your team around a master plan designed to reach families.
c. Refine your message.
d. Elevate community.
e. Partner with parents.
7. Decide you are not going to try to please everyone.
Interested in more?
Here are some posts that can take you deeper:
And some resources that can help you:
Got any questions? If so, fire away in the comments section!