Your questions are the best questions.
To celebrate 2 million downloads of the podcast, we’re back with another bonus episode of Ask Carey. Scroll down to see what questions I tackle this episode.
Welcome to Ask Carey Part 12.
And to celebrate and thank YOU, the listeners, between January 1-10th, I’m giving away free Starbucks. You shared. You spread the word. You helped leaders lead like never before, so you win. 🙂
Questions Featured in this Episode
1. 04:25: What do you do when you’re in a season of growth? What things do you focus on so that you can sustain that growth and continue to build on that momentum? And what do you focus on and protect so that you don’t blow it at a time of growth?
2. 09:20: I’m 20 years old and was just hired as a full-time Associate Pastor at my church. What are some of the top tips that you would have for a young pastor or leader starting out?
3. 15:00: You did a podcast about church growth barriers, which episode was that? We’re a church of 150 looking to grow to the next level.
4. 19:15: What does a pastor, like myself, who is 57 years old and though I feel like I’m at a point in my life where I feel like I’m the most theologically stable and even informed about current church culture, I can’t get a church to consider me seriously for a lead pastor position. What does someone like me do who has a calling and a lot to offer, do now? There are no scandals, moral failures or red flags that would mark me as unfit. I would appreciate your thoughts on people like me who still feel like they have a lot in the tank and still want to be involved, but in our youth-driven culture people think of me as over-the-hill, outdated or irrelevant.
5. 25:04: What are two or three ways to make a website more mobile-friendly?
6. 27:55: I’m a Senior Pastor in New York City. What does it mean to talk about a “staff-led” ministry?
7. 32:00: I just read your blog post, 7 Subtle Signs Your Church is Dying, and my heart breaks as I think that I might be watching that happen to my church right before my eyes. My question is: What can I do and how can I help?
8. 35:57: What other forms, other than church, do we listen to a talking head for 30-40 minutes or sing together? Does this mean the church should radically change how we do things? Or should we continue to be outliers in our culture?
Previous Bonus Episodes
Quotes from Carey
[tweet “When you’re preaching faithfully, the Holy Spirit moves in people’s hearts. @cnieuwhof]
Get Your Life and Leadership Back – Now
Do you ever find yourself struggling to get it all done? Constant interruptions and distractions keep you from getting your most important priorities accomplished. In addition, work keeps bleeding into family time.
What if you didn’t need to live that way anymore? Can you have a much higher impact at work AND get your personal life back on track? Actually, you can.
The High Impact Leader shows you highly practical, proven strategies on how to finally get time, energy and priorities working in your favour. The course includes 10 videos, an online workbook and 10 specific exercises that will help you create a personalized plan to help you get productive and accomplish the things you know are most important, but rarely have time for.
Getting your most important priorities done early in the week, every week.
Discovering time to finally exercise, pursue a hobby, launch a blog, start a podcast or write that book.
Actually being OFF when you have a day off.
Imagine getting your life and leadership back. That’s what the High Impact Leader is designed to help you do.
The High Impact Leader course is available for four days (until midnight PST on January 19, 2017). Act fast! After January 19th, registration for the High Impact Leader course will be closed until summer 2017. If you purchase it now, you’ll get the course at a discounted price. Learn more or sign up here.
A New Episode Every Week…Just Subscribe
The podcast releases every Tuesday morning.
Subscribe for free and never miss out on wisdom from great leaders such as Jon Acuff, Mark Batterson, Pete Wilson, David Kinnaman, Caleb Kaltenbach, Kara Powell, Casey Graham, Perry Noble, and Andy Stanley.
Appreciate This? Rate the Podcast.
Hopefully this episode has helped you lead like never before. That’s my goal. If you appreciated it, could you share the love?
The best way to do that is to rate the podcast in iTunes and leave us a brief review! You can do the same on Stitcher and on TuneIn Radio as well.
Your rating and review helps gets the podcast in front of new leaders and listeners. Your feedback also lets me know how I can better serve you.
Thank you for being so awesome.