It’s been an incredible year. And this week, the Carey Nieuwhof Leadership Podcast turns one!
To celebrate, we put together a retrospective, best of year one! While we couldn’t include every episode, we found some highlights that are designed to move your mind (and heart) into new leadership space.
Think of it as a 1:09 super compressed leadership lab, or as an intro to the episodes you may have missed, or as just a fantastic celebration of our journey together so far.
Welcome to the first bonus episode of the Podcast!
Guests and Links Mentioned in this Episode
At 4:31, Andy Stanley from CNLP 001:
- CNLP 001: How Andy Stanley Keeps Growing as a Leader, Why North Point Became So Big & More — An Interview with Andy Stanley
- North Point Community Church
At 9:30, Caleb Kaltenbach from CNLP 033:
- CNLP 033: Growing Up With Gay Parents—An Interview with Caleb Kaltenbach
- Messy Grace: How a Pastor with Gay Parents Learned to Love Others Without Sacrificing Conviction
At 12:46, Perry Noble from CNLP 002:
- CNLP 002: How Perry Noble Hit Bottom While Pastoring One of America’s Largest Churches & How He Battled Back
- How I Recovered from Burnout: 12 Keys to Getting Back
- Overwhelmed: Winning the War against Worry
At 16:18, Rich Birch from CNLP 008:
- CNLP 008: Are Contemporary Churches Losing Their Edge in a Changing Culture? – An Interview with Rich Birch
At 19:26, Jon Acuff from CNLP 009:
- CNLP 009: Why Work Is Such a Struggle, Social Media and Narcissism — An Interview with Jon Acuff
- Do Over: Rescue Monday, Reinvent Your Work, and Never Get Stuck
At 22:51, Pete Wilson from CNLP 011:
- CNLP 011: Overcoming Discouragement, Dissatisfaction and Overwhelm in Leadership – An Interview with Pete Wilson
- Cross Point Church
- Let Hope In: 4 Choices That Will Change Your Life Forever
At 26:56, Frank Bealer from CNLP 020:
- CNLP 020: How to Get Volunteers to Own Your Mission Like Staff Do—An Interview With Elevation Church’s Frank Bealer
- Lead e3
- Elevation Church
At 30:26, Mark Batterson from CNLP 032:
- CNLP 032: How Mark Batterson Writes—A Behind The Scenes Look at the Publishing Life of a Pastor and NYT Bestselling Author
- National Community Church
- The Circle Maker: Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears
At 32:30, Jeff Henderson from CNLP 016:
- CNLP 016: How Anyone Can Become a Better Communicator — An Interview With Jeff Henderson
- Gwinnett Church
- Preaching Rocket
At 35:03, Josh Gagnon from CNLP 017:
- CNLP 017: Your Excuses are Gone—How to Grow a Big Church Anywhere (Even In New England). An Interview with Josh Gagnon
- The Joshua Gagnon Leadership Podcast
At 38:09, Clay Scroggins from CNLP 035:
From 41:43, John Stickl from CNLP 029:
- CNLP 029: Next Generation MegaChurch—How Transparency and Seeking God Reaches Millennials: An Interview with John Stickl
- Valley Creek Church
From 43:43, Will Mancini from CNLP 023:
- CNLP 023: Why People Are Attending Church Less Often And How to Respond—An Interview with Will Mancini
- The Auxano Group
From 46:00, David Kinnaman from CNLP 024
- CNLP 024: Churchless: Why And How America is Learning to Live Without the Church—An Interview with David Kinnaman
- The Barna Research Group
- Churchless: Understanding Today’s Unchurched and How to Connect with Them
At 48:10, Geoff Surratt from CNLP 040:
At 50:01, Kara Powell from CNLP 004:
- CNLP 004: Why Young Adults Are Walking Away from the Church & What You Can Do About It—An Interview with Kara Powell
- The Fuller Youth Institute
- Sticky Faith
At 54:44, Casey Graham from CNLP 003:
- CNLP 003: The Best Practices Church Leaders Can Adopt from Business Leaders & Vice-Versa — An Interview with Casey Graham
- The Rocket Company
At 57:21, David McDaniel from CNLP 047:
- CNLP 047: Breaking Down the Divide Between Business and Church—An Interview with David McDaniel
- Huntington Industrial Partners
At 58:45, Chris Lema from CNLP 039:
- CNLP 039: How to Build a High-Performing Team from Scratch—An Interview with Chris Lema
- Crowd Favorite
At 1:00:51, Barnabas Piper from CNLP 050:
- CNLP 050: Growing Up As the Pastor’s Kid—An Honest Conversation with Barnabas Piper
- Help My Unbelief: Why Doubt Is Not the Enemy of Faith
- The Pastor’s Kid: Finding Your Own Faith and Identity
At 1:02:42, Jeff Price from CNLP 048
At 1:04:55, Craig Groschel from CNLP 052:
- CNLP 052: How Craig Groeschel Stays Healthy, Relevant and Passionate in Ministry
- #Struggles: Following Jesus in a Selfie-Centered World
- Life Church
Notable Quotes from Year One of the Carey Nieuwhof Leadership Podcast
Grow Your Church And Get Exclusive Early Bird Bonuses
Love leadership conversations? So do I.
So I wrote this for you (and your team).
My new book, Lasting Impact: 7 Powerful Conversations That Will Help Your Church Grow, releases October 6th 2015 and is available now for pre-order.
If you order now, you’ll get some exclusive, limited time pre-order bonuses included for free:
1. The audio book version of Lasting Impact.
2. The e-book version.
3. Access to an exclusive webinar with me on how to have powerful conversations with your team.
Plus, the first 1000 people to order the book will get a limited edition Lasting Impact poster.
Click here to get your copy now. Better yet, order a dozen for your team and make sure everyone gets the bonuses!
A New Episode Every Week…Just Subscribe
The podcast releases every Tuesday morning.
And this month, we’re adding three bonus episodes on Thursdays to celebrate the podcasts 1st birthday.
Subscribe for free and never miss out on wisdom from great leaders such as Jon Acuff, Mark Batterson, Pete Wilson, David Kinnaman, Caleb Kaltenbach, Kara Powell, Casey Graham, Perry Noble, and Andy Stanley. Plus get the one year retrospective bonus episode and two #AskCarey episodes where I answer your questions.
Appreciate This? Rate the Podcast.
Hopefully this episode has helped you lead like never before. That’s my goal. If you appreciated it, could you share the love?
The best way to do that is to rate the podcast in iTunes and leave us a brief review! You can do the same on Stitcher and on TuneIn Radio as well.
Your rating and review helps gets the podcast in front of new leaders and listeners. Your feedback also lets me know how I can better serve you.
Thank you for being so awesome.