Happy New Year! If I had one thing I could wish for you this year in terms of your personal growth, it would be to get into the Bible in a fresh way.
If you do that:
- Your prayer life will grow
- The status quo will get shaken up
- You’ll develop a fresh heart for people who don’t know Christ
- You will begin to apply what you now know to your life in new ways
- You’ll know God more intimately
- You’ll better understand what you believe
- You can test what people tell you (including church leaders) for yourself
- You’ll get more passionate about sharing your faith with people who don’t know Jesus
Here’s my current favourite way to read the Bible: YouVersion. As you start 2010, you can access one of 20 daily reading plans here. Pick the one that suits you best. Some will take you through the entire Bible in a year…others through parts of the Bible. What I love is that this gives people an easy way to make the Bible part of every day life. If you’ve never read the Bible before, this could be an easy and do-able first step.
Best yet, you can access YouVersion off your desktop or your smartphone. My daily bible reading has been off my phone for the last year and I love it.
Hope you find this to be a great new way to encounter God’s Word in a fresh way.
PS. I’m doing the M’Cheyne reading plan this year.